We have proof that Travel leads to happiness. The travel infographic was made in accordance to International day of happiness which was establish by the UN General assembly to recognize that the pursuit of happiness is a fundamental human goal.
The respondents also overwhelmingly stated a free trip would be perceived as a better bonus then cash or time off work. Also 60% of respondents claimed that online browsing inspires them to travel more. We are here to help!
7 Things to Do in Parry Sound Ontario
- Georgian Bay Airways
- Island Queen Cruise
- Beer Claw Tours (ATV)
- Seguin Valley Golf Club
- Massasauga Provincial Park
- Bobby Orr Museum
- Outdoor activities such as: Pool, Tennis, Camping, etc.
Quality Inn Parry Sound is the only hotel in Parry Sound that has a functional pool (Indoor and Outdoor) along with Squash courts and delicious food available on site at Golden Griddle. They also are the only hotel that will make you feel like you are in the a cozy country side hotel.
Top Canadian Cities for 2010-2015 based on Key Economic Fundamentals:
Top 10 Canadian Investment Cities
- Calgary, AB
- Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge, ON
- Edmonton, AB
- Surrey, BC
- Maple Ridge, BC
- Hamilton, ON
- St. Albert, AB
- Simcoe Shores (Barrie-Orillia), ON
- Red Deer, AB
- Winnipeg, MB
These cities were determined based on the following questions:Economic Fundamental Questions
- Is the area’s average income increasing faster than the provincial average?
- Is the area’s population growing faster than the provincial average?
- Is the area creating jobs faster than the provincial average?
- Does the area have more than one major employer?
- Is the area in the RBC Affordability Index Hot Zone (25% to 39%)?
- Will the area benefit from an economic or real estate ripple effect?
- Has the political leadership created an economic growth atmosphere?
- Is the Economic Development Office progressive and helpful?
- Is the area’s infrastructure being built to handle the expected growth?
- Are there any major transportation improvements in the works?
- Is the area attractive to Baby Boomers’ lifestyle?
- Is there a short term problem occurring that is slated to disappear in the future?
- Is there a noted increase in labour and materials cost in the area?
Below is a list of the most popular countries to visit, in ascending order based on UNWTO 2012.
Some things to keep in mind: demand for international tourism maintained momentum in 2011.
International tourist arrivals grew by 4.6% to reach 983 million worldwide, up
from 940 million in 2010.
Over the past six decades, tourism has experienced continued expansion and
diversification, becoming one of the largest and fastest-growing economic
sectors in the world. Many new destinations have emerged, challenging the
traditional ones of Europe and North America.
Tourism towards 2030, forecast from 1950 to 2030, how it’s looking based on continents:
International tourist arrivals in emerging economy destinations of
Asia, Latin America, Central and Eastern Europe, Eastern
Mediterranean Europe, the Middle East and Africa will grow at
double the pace (+4.4% a year) of advanced economy
destinations (+2.2% a year). As a result, arrivals to emerging
economies are expected to surpass those to advanced
economies by 2015
Here are the current top 10 most popular countries to travel to:
|| United States
|| United Kingdom
Some of the least popular tourist destinations are as follows:
- Nauru – 200 visitors (Smallest republic in the world)
- Somalia – 500 tourists
- Tuvalu – 1,200
- Kiribata – 4,700
- Marshall Islands – 5,000
- Equatorial Guinea – 6,000
- Turkmenistan – 7,000 people
- Sao Tome & Principe – 8,000 (Island off the cost of Gabon, North West Africa)
- Comoros – 15,000 (Island between Mozambique and Madagascar)
- Afghanistan – 17,500
The three reasons these are the least visited countries in the world is because there could be a civil war taking place in the country making it unsafe. The second reason could simply be because there is not a whole lot to do. Lastly, it is because the countries are too small and not popular enough to warrant any sort of travel.
The world is full of spectacular locations, but there is only one place you can really have it all: breathtaking vistas, fresh water and warm hospitality are what make Parry Sound the four-seasons playground of the near North.
Nestled on the rugged shores of Georgian Bay, and home to the Charles W. Stockey Centre for the Performing Arts and Bobby Orr Hall of Fame, the Town of Parry Sound is just a short two-hour drive north of the Greater Toronto Area.
Tucked among the 30,000 islands, Parry Sound is adorned by the natural beauty of shoreline hiking trails, and the rugged pink granite of the Canadian Shield. This year-round destination is also home to many festivals, events and attractions.
When you browse your way through the many shops, you will discover distinctive galleries while experiencing the unique flavour of local artisans. After a full day of fun, you will be ready to relax and bask in the glow of the glorious Georgian Bay sunsets.
The real gem is the Quality Inn & Conference Centre hotel in Parry Sound which is the only hotel with a pool(s) in the area and has squash courts, tennis courts, and a trail, and is perfect for those that want to unwind at the bar and restaurant (Golden Griddle) which is attached to the hotel.
Cottage country is a common name in Eastern Canada for areas that are popular locations for recreational properties such as cottages and summer homes. Locally understood to be referring to Muskoka, the Kawarthas, or the Haliburton area. On the other hand, a speaker from Ottawa would use the same phrase to denote the Rideau Lakes area.
Central Ontario includes:
Parry Sound-Muskoka-Haliburton region
Bancroft & Northern Hastings County
Now more then ever has it become easier to move to another country after retiring. Warm beaches, economical hospitality, and a welcoming environment are all factors in why people from the West are flocking to other countries. Below is a list of the Top countries that people have moved to based on research by HSBC in 2012.
- Cayman Islands
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
We will review each country exclusively in the future to tell why it would be a good choice.