Top Canadian Cities for 2010-2015 based on Key Economic Fundamentals:
Top 10 Canadian Investment Cities
- Calgary, AB
- Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge, ON
- Edmonton, AB
- Surrey, BC
- Maple Ridge, BC
- Hamilton, ON
- St. Albert, AB
- Simcoe Shores (Barrie-Orillia), ON
- Red Deer, AB
- Winnipeg, MB
These cities were determined based on the following questions:Economic Fundamental Questions
- Is the area’s average income increasing faster than the provincial average?
- Is the area’s population growing faster than the provincial average?
- Is the area creating jobs faster than the provincial average?
- Does the area have more than one major employer?
- Is the area in the RBC Affordability Index Hot Zone (25% to 39%)?
- Will the area benefit from an economic or real estate ripple effect?
- Has the political leadership created an economic growth atmosphere?
- Is the Economic Development Office progressive and helpful?
- Is the area’s infrastructure being built to handle the expected growth?
- Are there any major transportation improvements in the works?
- Is the area attractive to Baby Boomers’ lifestyle?
- Is there a short term problem occurring that is slated to disappear in the future?
- Is there a noted increase in labour and materials cost in the area?